Release Date Part I: December 31, 2012
Release Date Part II: December 24, 2012
After the successful remix contest by DEAD Magazine and Equinox Records for the track “20 Stories Later” by Misanthrop & Aqua Luminus III. – that featured vocals by 2Mex, Ceschi and James P Honey – we proudly present “20 Stories Later – A Remix Overdose”.
“A Remix Overdose” is a collection of the best and highest ranked remixes that were turned in. The release comes in two separate parts as there were so many incredible new versions that we had to split it to avoid making this sound a bit “over-crowded”.
The first part (eqxdgtl-008) features remixes by Haunted Days & Witch’s Teat from France (1st place – contest winners), Starflyer from Greece (2nd place), ManBlanket from the States (also 2nd place), as well as Bombers Of Consciousness (Greece), Chryso (Germany) and Mattr (Switzerland). Instrumental versions for all remixes are also included on this release, so this is a total of 12 tracks within.
The second part (eqxdgtl-009) features the remixes that have a more “clubby” or sometimes dubstep influence and these are from Le Parasite (France), SiC (Germany), Kromatik (Germany), Ulle Kamelle (Germany) and Danny Decock (Austria). All instrumental versions are also included but, additionally, this part also includes a grimey bonus remix track by James Low (UK), so this make this part an 11 track release.
The combination of these two parts makes the collection an ultimate addendum to the Misanthrop & Aqua Luminus III. EP, entitled “6 Year Later EP”, which includes the original track. “6 Years Later” came out on July, 20th on Equinox Records as a Limited 10” Vinyl and a Digital Download (read more about it here: http://www.e-q-x.net/releases/eqx040/)
20 Stories Later – A Remix Overdose (Part I)
(01) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Haunted Days & Witch’s Teat Remix)
(02) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Starflyer Remix)
(03) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (ManBlanket Remix)
(04) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Bombers Of Consciousness Remix)
(05) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Chryso Remix)
(06) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (mattr Remix)
(07) Haunted Days & Witch’s Teat – 20 Stories Later (Haunted Days & Witch’s Teat Remix) (Instrumental)
(08) Starflyer – 20 Stories Later (Starflyer Remix) (Instrumental)
(09) ManBlanket – 20 Stories Later (ManBlanket Remix) (Instrumental)
(10) Bombers Of Consciousness – 20 Stories Later (Bombers Of Consciousness Remix) (Instrumental)
(11) Chryso – 20 Stories Later (Chryso Remix) (Instrumental)
(12) mattr – 20 Stories Later (mattr Remix) (Instrumental)
20 Stories Later – A Remix Overdose (Part II)
(01) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Le Parasite Remix)
(02) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (SiC Remix)
(03) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Komatik Remix)
(04) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Ulle Kamelle Remix)
(05) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (Danny Decock Remix)
(06) Le Parasite – 20 Stories Later (Le Parasite Remix) (Instrumental)
(07) SiC – 20 Stories Later (SiC Remix) (Instrumental)
(08) Komatik – 20 Stories Later (Komatik Remix) (Instrumental)
(09) Ulle Kamelle – 20 Stories Later (Ulle Kamelle Remix) (Instrumental)
(10) Danny Decock – 20 Stories Later (Danny Decock Remix) (Instrumental)
(–) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) (James Low Remix) [Bonus Track]
Release Date Vinyl: July 20
Release Date Digital: July 20
6 years ago, Misanthrop & Aqua Luminus III. released the “Leinwand EP” on Audiac Records (an early subdivision of Equinox Records) as a 10inch picture disc. With their new collaborative offering, under the self-explanatory title “6 Years Later EP”, the two producers combine once again.
The formula for their music has stayed the same: heavy beats, alongside raw cuts and samples blended together to create another banging electronic Hip-Hop release. However, it also offers some surprising new sounds as well as astonishing guest features: Underground hip hop legend 2Mex (Visionaries, SonGodSons), Fake Four’s very own Ceschi and UK rapper James P Honey provide superb lyrics and flows on “20 Stories Later”, the only non-instrumental track on the release. Additionally, the German turntablism legend DJ Stylewarz is cutting on “The 1 Billion Euro Song” alongside Munich’s DJ icon Al Rock. Another skillful and mightily talented turntablist, SNTC, provides the scratching on “57 Bars Ahead“.
The “6 Years Later EP” features six tracks as well as two bonus tracks on the digital release. A definite sureshot in every record collection, refined with a fresh cover provided by The Raincoatman, the EP is released on July 20 as a limited edition 10inch.
(01) 0 For Nothing
(02) 20 Stories Later (feat. 2Mex, Ceschi & James P Honey) [mp3]
(03) 57 Bars Ahead (feat. SNTC & Der Weg des I)
(04) 6 Beats Deep
(05) The 1 Billion Euro Song (feat. DJ Stylewarz & Al Rock)
(06) 48 Musik im Keller
(07) 2 Steps To Perfection [mp3]
(08) -0.9 dB
(04) 57 Bars Ahead (feat. SNTC & Der Weg des I)
(05) 6 Beats Deep
(06) The 1 Billion Euro Song (feat. DJ Stylewarz & Al Rock)
Pictures & Press Info
The 12” and 7” vinyl single are common formats in the recording industry. And even the rarer used 10” has always been a favourite pick by labels for special issues and collector’s editions. But who has ever heard of the 5inch vinyl disc? The record in the size of a CD is very rarely made. And now, Equinox Records offers the first ever series in this format! “One Year & A Day – The 5inch Files” features ten awesome tracks on 5 different records that will be available in a limited collector’s box of 250 handnumbered copies.
The difficulty of putting this collection together was basically the length of time available on a 5” plate, meaning that each track could not be longer than 2:30 minutes! So, unless you are doing fast punk rock music this short time span is probably not an easy task for composing a nice well rounded track and not just a simple loop. Nevertheless, all artists on this series did a great job arranging fantastic songs, now assembled to a beautiful collection of contemporary electronic hip-hop beats.
The series starts with a real banging introduction title produced by Vangel from Canada. Due to its hard drums and freakish vocal edits it is guaranteed that you won’t need no more coffee to finally “Wake Up”. Next is Misanthrop, the MC and producer out of Munich who is pushing the envelope with “Commercialism”. Heavy bass, automated FX wizardry and a perfect composition keep the 2:30 minutes packed with excitement. Then, DJ Scientist – founder and owner of Equinox Records – sets the pace with his bass driven, britcore styled “Rewind And Refine”. Snatchatec – the 2007 German IDA Champion – who adds some of the fastest cuts known to man, accompanies him. Then, on the flip, Aqua Luminus III. (of 88:Komaflash) brings in some melancholic vibes. With heavy drumming on “Uplock The Poprock” he pleases the mature B-Boy as well as the electronic music fiend out there. Afterwards, Mnemotrauma is on the go with “Shining”. A challenging and diversified Instrumental Hip-Hop composition. He is followed by J. Baracuz – another newcomer out of the booming German electronic Hip-Hop producer scene. “Yellow Cab” is a dope remarkable track that was previously released as a longer version on his album “Lasergun Romances“. After a very smooth soulful skit by SmoKey131, there is B-Ju with “Soja Extra”. His track is one of our favourites on the album. The banging kicks, snapping snares and a fresh arrangement will please everybody. Coming closer to the end, it is Aqua Luminus III. again – this time together with Misanthrop. Regardless of its somewhat brutal and dark vibe, “Sternhagelblau” is nothing but pure pleasure and will keep your head nodding until the last hit. Lastly, there is an epic outroduction by the Raincoatman, concluding with the words “see you real soon”.
And that’s what we definitely hope for: to see you soon, as this short 5inch compilation is another teaser for the upcoming full-length album “A Sound Exposure Vol.2” due out in early May 2008 featuring brand new compositions by Vangel, Aqua Luminus III., DJ Scientist, as well as Free The Robots, Ceschi, 2econd Class Citizen and many others. So stay tuned!
Combining their distinctive producing skills, Misanthrop and Aqua Luminus III (Equinox Records, 88:Komaflash), both from Munich (Germany) created an astonishing 5 track EP that will appeal to both groups of listeners: abstract Hip-Hop heads and Electronica lovers. Although this is the first project at which the two artists and long time discjockeys worked together, they seem to harmonize perfectly. The diverse selection of samples, the heavy drum programming and crashing rhythms, plus the melodies and scratches – all this leads us to an uncommon but very unique and strong release.
The broad spectrum of sound colors on this limited edition picture vinyl 10” is reflected in the name “Leinwand” (German for canvas), whereas all names of the songs (e.g. “Giftgrün” (bilious green) or “Rabenschwarz” (black as a crow)) are coloquial German words for colors.
Additional information: This is the second vinyl only release on Audiac Records from Germany, the official sublabel of Equinox Records. The canvas artwork was done by Aqua Luminus III himself. The release is limited to 500 copies worldwide.